Sunday, July 18, 2010

Antivirals, wow

Just a quick update. I've been put on Valtrex for my chronic Epstein Barr and this has helped me significantly. I'm almost normal these days. I look healthier than I have in years. I'm just a bit anxiety ridden. If reducing my dosage of Armour thyroid doesn't work, I'll try Buspar. I need something to keep a lid on this. I found a bruise on my niece, recently. A huge one. We reported it to Child Protective Services and they ended up arresting her father. Her mom is in a mental hospital and she may get out soon. If this happens, I will be reluctant to visit. Her drug problem is quite severe and it is very difficult to witness. Also, she has physically assaulted me on multiple occasions. So, that's basically a huge part of why I have anxiety.

The bummer these days is that I'm suffering from a slipped disk. I wear a neck brace at night and in the car and I have been taking muscle relaxers. Also, I have been seeing a physical therapist. I want to get back to the gym, so I really hope this doesn't last. Unfortunately, it's not getting better very fast and the doctor seems concerned about this. It's just one thing after another. Arg.

2 comments:

lala said...

YOU need to come to my blog asap. Thyroid and Fibromyalgia it is all affected by what you are eating. The science is there.

http://paleoautoimmunerecipes.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hello!

Love your blog!

Have you heard of the int'l thyroid patient petition for better care: http://www.change.org/petitions/endocrinologists-patients-with-thyroid-dysfunction-demand-better-care?=1&fb_source=message

Only 2months old, and it is supported by over 3000 signatures from 65 countries. We are trying to reach every thyroid patient we can so, they can choose to be represented. We all know we need change and it will take large numbers to accomplish that goal.

We are also trying to unite all of the thyroid bloggers and websites to create the global network that can effect change.

If you can help us reach your members by blogging about us, we will gladly list you as a supporter. https://www.facebook.com/notes/patients-with-thyroid-dysfunction-demand-better-care-petition/websitesblogs-supporting-our-ptd-petition/344493798956111 https://www.facebook.com/notes/patients-with-thyroid-dysfunction-demand-better-care-petition/noteworthy-individuals-supporting-our-ptd-petition/343704432368381

Here is an interview by Sarah Downing to help you get to know us better: http://sarahjdowning.com/2012/06/05/interview-with-the-initiators-of-the-petition-patients-with-thyroid-dysfunction-demand-better-care/

Thank you in advance for your support,

Michelle

Michelle T. Bickford
Author
Patients with Thyroid Dysfunction Demand Better Care
www.facebook.com/thyroidpetition