Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Started Cortef today

5 mg. two times daily with food. I feel better physically but am having chest pains. Also, I feel very sleepy. It is a little strange but a welcome change to the all consuming body weakness and fatigue. It appears that my hypoglycemia is lessened as well. Of course, this is only day one. We will have to see how I feel as time goes on. My body has a way of acclimating to things; after brief improvement taking me promptly back to square one. I am confident in this situation that things will be different.

I have a echocardiogram on the 25th to investigate a heart murmur. I also have chest pain upon physical exertion. It seems that the cortef is making the chest pain worse. I truly hope that I don't have heart problems. I don't need more to worry about.

So if the cortef doesn't give me a heart attack, it will have been an improvement so far.

My ultimate goal is to regain the ability to exercise and benefit from it.

Storms are brewing outside. I like taking naps during storms. It is very comforting.

I just received word that my Aunt was in a car accident and broke some ribs. I am waiting for a call from my mom on details. I seem to be handling it better than I normally handle stress, which means that the drugs might be working.

More later.

1 comment:

ellimay60gma said...

A found a report from JAMA on a randomized, placebo controlled,
double blind therapeutic trial conducted between 1992 1nd 1996. The objective was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of low dose oral hydrocortisone as a treatment for CSF. The result: (abbrev.) Hydrocortisone patients had a greater improvement in mean wellness score. Adverse symptoms were mild, suppression of adrenal
glucocorticoid responsiveness was
documented in 12 patients who re-
ceived it vs none in placebo group.