Saturday, June 7, 2008

My first Chronic Fatigue post

I want this blog to be a learning forum, for myself and for whomever happens to find it. My short term goals are to learn to articulate the struggles that I have experienced thus far in a way for other people to understand and also to give those struggles a physiological framework. For within the framework of physiology, we remove the moral stigma of fatigue and begin fleshing out a roadmap for self-empowerment and recovery.

So, the ultimate goal, my dear readers – what I want for myself and for other sufferers – is to give meaning to this illness in a logical light. Who are these people like myself trudging this weary path of existence? How do we make meaning of it? And how do we find acceptance when there is so much distrust and misunderstanding surrounding this seemingly mysterious disease? With better understanding of the origins and degenerative path of body dis-ease, what options do we have with the resources that we have access to? And maybe most importantly, how can we create a non-judgemental environment of support and empathy for one another along the way? Maybe you can help me do this, for I certainly cannot do it alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dottie says that she wants to keep track of your blog because she also has Hashimoto's syndrome.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Hashimoto's thyroiditis said...

Good. I hope I can be of some help!